Hello CleanSlate Team,
The Learning & Development team thought a reminder would be helpful, regarding our learning management system (LMS) named Absorb which houses educational content and is easily accessible to you. We continue to add Resources which are accessible in the Resources tile. Everyday Innovation!
Two of the most recent inclusions are:
- Digital copies of the Perioperative letters that are contained in the back of the Clinical Care Manual. These digital copies, located within the Letters and Correspondence folder, are in a fillable form format.
- To use, navigate to the proper folder, click view for letter you wish to use, type in the textbox space fields that need information (e.g. date, name and type of procedure), then print
- Downtime paperwork forms
Absorb is one of the TOP rated LMS’s on the market. It was rated PC Magazine's Editors' Choice for Best LMS in 2018
New Courses Added
In addition, we are pleased to announce that several courses have been added to the Course Catalog tile for anyone to self-enroll in. These include courses related to use of Office 365 and are contained within the Microsoft folder. There are also advanced courses for the desktop version of Excel available to those of you that may find that beneficial
Courses related to Office 365
- Manage your Calendar
- Working with Email
- Skype for Business
- Working with Word Online
- Working with Excel Online
Advanced courses for Microsoft Excel
- Introduction to Microsoft Excel 2016 Training
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel 2016 Training
- Advanced Microsoft Excel 2016 Training
How can I access Absorb?
Below is find a reminder on how to access and navigate Absorb.
Instructions for Accessing Absorb:
Click on the My Apps icon on your desk top
If you are NOT signed into Office 365, it will prompt you to sign in
- Remember, your username/password is the same as your normal Office 365 username and password you use to access Outlook, SharePoint, Teams, etc.
- Once you have signed into Office 365; you will be able to access Absorb from your Apps menu, then just double click the Absorb icon
- You will then be taken to the Absorb dashboard
Once you are on the Absorb Dashboard:
Explanation of Tiles:
When you are enrolled in a course, whether for training, a survey, a quiz, compliance training or for any other reason, you will receive an Enrollment Email informing you of your enrollment.
To access the course:
- Click on the “My Courses” tile
- You will see the courses you are enrolled in
- To Start the Course, click on the “Launch”
NOTE: If your “My Courses” is blank, you may not have any Courses currently assigned to you.
The Catalog tile contains the Microsoft courses mentioned about that are available for self-enrollment
The Resources tile houses resources that may be of benefit to you, such as the most recent version of the Matrix, the digital copies of the Peri-operative letters, as well as, the downtime paperwork forms.
These resources are available to all users.
Any courses you have previously started and not completed will be listed in this tile.
Thank you for taking the time to familiarize yourself with Absorb and if you have any questions please reach out to email@example.com